As much as I can't wait to get back home, I really will miss the city that I have called home for the past 2 1/2 years.
What I WON'T miss about Charlotte
- Stupid chain restaurants. This is actually something that Dallas and Charlotte have in common.
- Not having any kind of support system, like grandparents, to give us a break from the kids.
- My primary social circle knowing me first and foremost as "Brad's wife".
- The fact that you can not make left hand turns anywhere! This is the land of concrete medians and u turns.
- Hanging out by myself 90% of the time.
What I WILL miss about Charlotte
- The Greenway. This is such an active City. It's common to cyclists and joggers every day of the week, and thus, cars are very aware of our presence. As for the Greenway, I will never have another jogging path that is this convenient and beautiful.
- The mountains. My paradise lies only 2 hours away.
- My Starbucks crew. I had such an awesome time working there.
- Run For Your Life. My go to running store.
- Not having a support system. It really sucked at times, but our little family of four has become a completely self reliant, tightly knit group and I am very afraid of losing that cohesiveness.
- Trader Joe's. I don't want to talk about it. I may burst into tears.
- The opportunity for experience. It hasn't always been good, but I got live in a different landscape and do some things that I otherwise would not have.