Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Don't trust a hoe

I didn't have time to post yesterday because I worked and then went and got myself a new car. I traded my '08 Fit for a 2011. I now have an auxiliary port, keyless entry and cruise control! And it's still a 5 speed! I think my 26.2 magnet looks fantastic on this color. I don't usually drive a car for as little time as I had the old Fit, but this one has so many more features than my old one, plus I got a better interest rate this time. The douche at the dealership kept trying to up sell me to the Fit Sport and wouldn't tell me anything about the base model even though I told him that I really like driving a 5 speed. I had to go online to find out that the base model already had everything that I wanted. What do you get with a Sport? A spoiler, alloy wheels and $70+ more a month on your payment.


Last weekend we went camping in the mountains and I ran on a really cool trail, but I'll post about that tomorrow.

I have some new favorite things.

1st is my new car! This is the auxiliary port and the usb plug in the second glove box. I do realize that lots of other people out there have had these fancy gadgets in their cars for years, but I'm still really stoked about it.


Next is this little gadget that I found at Bass Pro Shop. I LOVE Bass Pro Shop. As I was perusing the camp kitchen isle I stumbled upon this little orange cord bundler. It was only $3.99 and I have had a major problem with my Skull Candies cord getting in the way. I had rolled it up and zip tied it, but then it just became a weight that pulled the buds out of my ear. When the cord was loose and long (twss), my hands and arms would catch and pull my buds out. If it weren't for the cord, the Skull Candy buds were perfect. So, tonight I went on my first run with OJ (that's my name for him) and it was awesome! It didn't bounce around at all. I don't know what it is actually intended for, fly fishing perhaps, but it was fantastic for running. And I'm sure all the anglers out there are thrilled that their Nymphs and Dry flies are no longer getting tangled with their bud cord.
Last is my new favorite running song. It's 3 OH 3 Don't Trust a Hoe. I'm a little behind the times... again, but whatever. Love it.



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are looking up in Aleica land! Glad to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not stressing about getting all my runs in right now. Just doing what I can and making sure I at least get in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Thanks for the heads up on the clip!

    ReplyDelete