Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Were I'm Going

It's my birthday today! This means that today the whole family does whatever I want to do! It also means that I pretty much get the day off of parenting.

My husband had suggested getting a sitter and going out tonight, but I wasn't in the mood to pay $40+ just to have a few beers. Instead we are headed to the mountains, because I LOVE MOUNTAINS! The last time that we went to Grandfather Mountain (just outside of Boone, NC) with the in laws, it was closed. It's a beautiful day today so we're giving it another try. I hear there is an awesome suspension bridge to walk across. I am also taking my running clothes with me. It's on my list to run through the mountains. I think it will be therapeutic.

Also! I have the best husband in the world! My birthday present from him was being entered into the Chicago marathon. Registration opened yesterday and he secretly signed me up. He even had to get into my email, forward all the registration confirmations to his email and then delete them from my inbox. He turns 30 next month. I need to start working on something great for him.

I'll re-post later with some pics from grandfather mountain!

No comments:

Post a Comment