Saturday, May 28, 2011

Back in NC


I'm finally back in North Carolina and with that comes a regular internet connection.

I feel a little bit recockulous for making such a big hooplah about my return to Texas. I only lasted two months but it wasn't all in vein. I get to stay with the company that I was working for, except instead of waking up at 4:45 and having the kids in daycare by 6, I will be working from home doing a job that can potentially make a lot more money. I'm kind of excited about it.

So here's a recap of the last two weeks....

Last Friday was Slumber Dong. We went to the Wildflower Festival in Richardson to see Lit and Fuel play. How many of you even remember who those bands are? They were both fantastic in the late 90's and they were both seen by me at more than one Edge Fest. Let me refresh your memory.

This one isn't my favorite Fuel song, but Shimmer doesn't have an embedding code.


This isn't my favorite Lit song either, but definitely the most remembered.



These are a few pics from the rest of the evening.

I'm not very good at arms length group portraits
My husband flew in to drive back with us so we got in some good quality family time before heading out. We went over to Bitchy Angie's house to swim.

She did a lot of this, because she's so good at arms length portraits
On my way to the airport to pick up Brad I cruised around Frisco, my old stomping grounds, just to see how much things have changed. I even stopped by my old alma mater. It only took, like, six years to get me a fancy degree from this place.
I'm ready now to get my running routine back in order. Angie is already on week 3 of marathon training and I haven't even begun!!! I will not have a repeat of last years Chicago marathon!

1 comment:

  1. I will have to give you some arm's length photo tips! Girl we can get 5+ people crammed in one photo! We're kinda professionals!

    Glad you made it home safe!

    ReplyDelete