Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Natty Light

If you knew exactly what the title of this post was referring to, then congratulations!  You at one time were, or currently are a white trash redneck.

On Sunday I went for a run that was suppose to be about 8 miles but end up being 9.75.  I ran the back roads of Tom Bean TX from my dad's house to my in-laws where they were having a birthday party for my husband's grandpa.  It was an excellent slow run.  1st it was slow because I ran really slow.  Then I had a pee break, multiple stops to check my map, and a couple of back tracks to check the road signs.  Ironically, the only time I encountered an automobile was when my pants were still around my ankles post pee.

All along the route I would look down into the ditch and see Natural Light boxes, cans and 40's.  Occasionally there would be a Budweiser.  I thought "Does nobody here drink a descent beer?"  But I guess it all makes sense.  Only trashy people litter and only trashy people drink beers like Natty Light and Bud (Yes, Bud is a shit beer!).  All you have to do is take a look a the evidence.





There you have it.  Drinking Shiner with a pirate monkey is always classy, but drinking Bud in any situation is just plain trashy.  Sorry Karen.

-Hugh Jass


12 comments:

  1. Damn it. I only read this post BECAUSE I knew what the title meant! :)Natty Ice was the symbol of my college days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never drank Natural Ice but I STILL drink Bud Light. I'm gonna go feather the sides of my mullet now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok.
    Ok.
    Freaking hilarious.
    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather and Paula, I knew you guys were trash! Lol!

    Notice I didn't bring up Keystone. Mostly because I don't want to confess my own beer sins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's the thing about your picture, you are alone with a pirate monkey named dirty sanchez. I have friends around me in most occasions laughing and having fun. My hypothesis: If you drink too much shiner, then you will be left alone with a dirty sanchez.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't get past the whole "I ran 9 miles because I WANTED to and I lived to tell about it!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got a long run in! I once went running out by Bonham, but kept it an out in back so I didn't get lost :)

    Agree that natty light and bud are yucky beers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. :)
    I was running near my parents' this weekend and came upon a broken wine bottle on the side of the road. I guess they have classy neighbors?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who's never gone natty? It is some skanky shit, but gets the job done when you're young and poor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post, can't say I knew what Natty Lite was, but still fun. I just tagged you in my blog of 11 things. No worries if you don't want to or already have. http://runningwhilemommy.blogspot.com/2012/01/yeah-my-turn.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the liter reference. It is tue. You never see any qulity beer trash along the road. I do not drink but the only thing I like about crappy beer is Busch Gardens. Funny, never any empty beer boxes in that park.

    ReplyDelete