Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Cooking and Counting

It was a busy and restless Easter weekend and we made it back home with plethora of candy.  That pretty much sums it all up.

I'm also on day 2 of counting calories with myfitnesspal.com and it's corresponding android app.  I weighed myself on Sunday with my brother's scale and was 159lbs.  Hopefully I can find my own BMI scale by this coming Sunday so I can keep weekly tabs.  My brother's scale is by apple and because I don't have the app that goes with it, it wouldn't tell me my current BMI.  I probably don't want to know what it is anyway.  I don't enjoy calorie counting.  We make all of our meals, and maybe there is a better way, but right now I'm having to input every ingredient of everything I make.  Like yesterday when my husband whipped up some couscous with cucumber, radish, broccoli, and tomato with a sides of mashed sweet potato and sauteed kale.  That meal was a lot of input!  Right now I'm trying to figure out the calorie count for my home made hummus.  Ugh!  Math!

Who else cooks and counts?  Give me some tips!

-Hugh Jass

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could help you with that one. I hate counting calories. For homemade recipes, I put everything into an online calculator and save it. But yes, I did minestrone soup the other day and it was a beast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea entering your food into an online log makes me want to use as few ingredients as possible. I used trainingpeaks.com to track everything and loved it.

    Why is it that any candy that can be formed into an egg shape is instantly better than its normal shape? Reece's cups? yum. Reece's Eggs? pry them from my cold dead fingers.

    ReplyDelete