Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Things I Should Have Blogged About By Now

I can not gather and organize thoughts lately.  I have 4 drafts about 4 completely different things halfway typed up and sitting the queue.  For now, my mind can only work in bullet form.


  • Alaurie joined the Girl Scouts.  Last night at her meeting she said something that almost made me cry out with joy.  She said "Whoa!  This is going to be way cooler than cheer leading!"  Maybe I'm just a sore sport because of the trauma and embarrassment that was my 6th grade cheer leading tryout.  I shouldn't have attempted that fancy back walkover.
  • Also, Alaurie is taking violin lessons.  It's slow going, but she's catching on.  One of my biggest regrets is that I never learned how to play a cool instrument.  I do know how to play the french horn.  Like I said...
  • Whilst looking for some cool inspiration to keep Alaurie motivated, I found this...  AWESOME!


So now I'm a big fan of this chick.  I even created a Pandora station in her name.  That's hard core fandom.

  • Braden has been difficult.  He's jealous of all the things that Alaurie is involved in, but he's not yet old enough for his own things.  
  • On a scale of 1-10, how strongly I have resisted the temptation of my children's Halloween candy; I am about a 6.  I only rate that high because they ran out of the good stuff (Snickers, Almond Joy, Peanut M&M) quickly (because I ate them) and I was no longer interested.
  • I ran another marathon.  Yep.  The Chosen Marathon in New Braunsfels.  The start/finish was actually in this little area that used to be it's own town, called Gruene (like the color), and course ran along the Guadalupe river the entire way.  It was fantastic and it makes two of the posts that I have half written.  One about the marathon and a "Where I've Been" that is just about Gruene.
  • I'm doing booth for the International Fair at Alaurie's school.  I feel like I'm in college again, because the fair is this Thursday and I didn't start getting stuff together until Sunday.  
  • Oliver is large and in charge as always.  He's walking and throwing Tupperware out of the cabinets and climbing on the dishwasher door when it's open, and basically testing my love for him.  He's a rotten little boy.
  • I'm way behind on Poppy Seed Pin Up posts, but I'm doing well with T25 and still running.  I'm trying to get faster.  I've also been taking screen shot of my weight and body fat every Monday so I can catch back up with my posts.  Weight is constantly the same but body fat is steadily on the decline.  
  • I didn't make it very far on my Sunday run when I tripped, fell, and small rock lodged in my knee.  It was gross.  I have pics on my g+ page if you really want to see.
-Hugh Jass

1 comment: