Thursday, February 10, 2011

I don't even know what I should title this one

Kids do the weirdest things. My son is almost two and just recently started showing some interest in the potty. In the early stages of potty training, I let my kiddos run bottomless periodically throughout the day. I've found that pants can complicate the process of "going potty", and a diaper flat out stops it. So last night I removed a dirty diaper and then let my son just "hang out" for a while. He then took my phone off the table to play with it. That's not unusual. He loves to play with phones, always acting out some kind of conversation. It got weird when I saw him putting the phone down by his, well, you know. Then he took his hands away and the phone was still there. He clipped my flip phone to his junk! He thought it was awesome, and I couldn't yell at him for it. But I was itching to call my friend Karen and tell her about it so I asked if I could have the phone and he handed it over. I called Karen, but not until after I gave the phone a good once over with wet wipes.

Does it get weirder as they get older? I know I'm not alone in this sort of thing. Jo Koy's son colored his "ting ting" green with a permanent marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment