Monday, February 7, 2011

Weezer Pool

I had a fantastic run today. The weather is in the mid 50's so for the first time in a long time I got to ditch my pants and wear a skirt to run in. I love running skirts! My friend Shannon thinks that they are a hideous fashion faux pas, but I think they are hands down the most comfortable thing to run in. Getting to wear my awesome skirt also meant getting re-acquainted with an old friend, Body Glide. Another great product that I love. I did 4 miles in around 40 minutes. It was a 4/1, run/walk repeat. I had an entire press full of coffee shortly before my run which I'm sure didn't hurt. Another thing on my side this morning was my ipod. As soon as I stepped out the door, Drowning Pool's Bodies began to play. Something about screaming and violent lyrics really gets me in the mood to pound some pavement. I pushed the last half mile in hopes of reaching the 4 mile mark before my last set was over. I ended the last 4 min stint in 3:36. I had a little help from Weezer's Buddy Holly. A feel good song about two people being shot at and losing their shoes is always a favorite. I'd like to say that I'm a hard core rock fan and that everything I listen to is deep and soulful, but that's not true at all. It's shameful, but Miley Cyrus's Party In The USA can get me moving every time. And just about anything by Lady Gaga (yet another thing that Shanon hates) is a must have on my playlist.

What gets you moving?

No comments:

Post a Comment