Saturday, March 26, 2011

The 411

The past week has been pure craziness! I arrived in Texas on Friday. We hung out with family on Saturday and Sunday. I filled out paperwork for daycare, went on an interview, and took my husband to the airport on Monday. That last one was hard. Then on Tuesday I started my new job.

My old routine was to wake up when the kids woke up. Lazily make my way down to the kitchen, make them breakfast, make me some coffee and then casually proceed with all the cleaning as I chose. My new routine is waking up to the sound of my alarm at 5am, getting myself dressed, literally drag the kids out of bed to get them dressed and at daycare by 6 fallowed by an hour commute to Dallas. After work, I battle traffic back to the country, pick up the kids and we all start the process of getting ready for bed.

This first week was a little rough. Especially on Wednesday when my son spent all night puking. But I'm getting use to it and I'm really liking my job. I've finally joined the rest of the 9-5ers out there. My office is only a few step away from a jogging path, restaurants, and shops. Spending so little time with kids is really difficult. I had so much control over everything they did before. I can't use my cloth diapers anymore :( and for two years that was a big part of who I was.

I saw on another running blog where someone said something like "the only way to get better is to push yourself past the point of being comfortable."

I'm sure things will get more comfortable as I get better acquainted with my new self. One thing I really miss right now is my tight family unit. It's not the same with our fourth all the way out in the east.

1 comment:

  1. where are you working and are they hiring?....Lisa goes thru the same thing though the kids daycare is down in Dallas

    ReplyDelete