Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Where I've been



Today. Literally.

I woke up at 6 this morning and was on the road a little after 7. First I had to stop at Walgreens for more Ivy medicine. But then I headed out to Carthage for my first appointment.
The lady that I had the appointment with was a full 35 minutes late which I think worked to my advantage. I think her guilt will prompt her to buy flooring from me.
After the appointment I took some pics of the oddities in town. I thought the Cornwallis Service Station was cute. My cute, fuel efficient car made it look even cuter.

Whatever it was, it wasn't open and I was hungry.

Roadside tobaccy! Too bad it wasn't the wacky kind or I would have left all my carpet samples right there on the side of the road and filled my hatch with something else.

After I left Carthage, I headed toward Fayetville (I don't think I ever spell that right). I came through the cutest town ever, Cameron. They had like 4 antique shops in a row on main st. I didn't take enough pictures of this little piece of small town heaven. I was too busy looking for egg cups. I found some and I should have bought them. I don't why it's so hard for me to split with $5 cash. I sure didn't have any problem dropping almost that much on my latte just now.



Then I came to Fayetteville (wtf) which, from I've seen, is kind of a dump. I shouldn't judge. I've only seen a small portion which looks like every other gross city. I only have one picture because it's the only thing I've seen that was worth photographing.

True story: I made a left turn and at the same time Miley Cirus's Party in the USA came on my ipod (yeah, it was on my ipod, and I don't give a damn what you think!). The song says "look to my right and I see the Hollywood sign" and at that exact moment I looked over to see this...
Miley was obviously communicating with me. Her message? I'm not sure. It's a little insulting that she delivered information about my destiny in the form of an old worn out strip mall. Geez Miley. I learned the Hoe Down Throw Down for you.




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun little work adventure you're own. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete