Monday, August 1, 2011

Sixteen Down

Yesterday morning I rose early.  4:30 to be exact.  I put on my shoes, got my water bottle ready with it’s nuun and was almost ready to hit the pavement.  I couldn’t find my body glide!  The last thing I remember was giving it to my husband to use so I tip toed back upstairs and searched the bathroom and bedroom.  I woke my husband up, but he couldn’t remember where it was.  I angrily decided to cancel my long run and as soon as my husband woke up he got to hear all about it.  And not in a nice way.  I left him with the kids and headed over to Dick’s to pick up some more Body Glide making certain that my husband knew he was NOT to touch this one!  It was all mine!  As I reach into my purse for my wallet to pay for my new Body Glide (and a new bra, and Under Armor tank), I came across something troubling.  The old Body Glide.  Apparently he had given it back to me and I had put it in my purse.  So, when I got back home I had to get on Facebook and retract my previous status update and add a public apology status update.  So, here ya go babe.  I am once again admitting wrong doing.  Done.  I have atoned.


The upside to all of this is that yesterday and today I woke up at 4:30 which is good for getting me in the habit.  I think my 16 went really well today.  I did it without music and it was so peaceful.  Just crickets and my footsteps.  I’ve decided that I’m just done with nuun.  Even if you let your bottle sit out over night, as soon as you start running, or even walking, the pressure will build and your bottle will start leaking.  It was so bad that I took the bottle out of the holster and carried it in my hand for the first 5 or so miles.  That’s when I stopped at Starbucks for a plain water refill and a solo espresso.  I guzzled the last of my nuun water before I went in so I could completely refill with plain water.  Guess what?  My bottle didn’t leak anymore!  Also, that espresso really put some pep in my step.  I think I’ll be looking for a coffee shop along the Chicago course.  The run went really well until the last 1.5 miles.  It’s always like that.  That’s where I hit a major hill a mile before I’m home.  It never fails to zap me of any energy that I have left.  All in all a good run.  I had to stop a few times.  A few times at intersections, Starbucks, and then the king snake that crossed the greenway in front of me.

BTW: I am liking my new UA tank top


Tread it up


  1. Look at that cheetahwoman!

  2. You and my mother with your anonymity. State yo name Heather Nicole!

  3. Wow, getting up at 4:30 to run is impressive, chica!

  4. Finishing with hills, tough run. It does seem that whatever the next distance to conquer the last mile or so acts as "the wall."

    I grew up in Hyde Park on the South Side of Chicago. I would love a chance to run the Chicago Marathon someday.

    Have you seen Spirit of the Marathon? It is on Instant at Netflix. Awesome documentary on various folks training for the Chicago Marathon in I think 1995.

  5. I actually have seen that documentary. At one time is was instant watch but isn't anymore. It was the first running related movie that I saw back when I was thinking about running my very first marathon.

  6. You are crazy with the 4:30 am stuff. that's for the birds and cats to fight it out.

    You look really pissed off in that picture. It's a very relatable look though.

  7. Lol, it's hard to hide your true feelings after more than 10 miles.