Monday, June 4, 2012

Protecting my turf

This past weekend we had our usual meet up on the square for our usual 3.5 mile run.  Lindee brought a new gal whom I immediately knew I would like since she wearing the new zero drop New Balance Minimus.  The weather was actually nice and cool and I really wanted to get to know the new chick so I was determined to hang with her and Lindee for as long as I could.

I'm usually really chatty on our runs, but 2 minutes in I knew I was going to be a listener.  Talking +breathing +running = impossible!  But I am proud to say that I made it an entire 4 intervals before I sent the ladies on their way.  I still ran some more after that but it was sporadic.  And I cut the course a little, leaving me with about a 3 mile run/walk.  Maybe in the next few days I'll get a picture of how massive I am so you can have a good visual.  At least I'm maintaining a single chin this time around.

I really great shower on Saturday too.  Lindee hosted, it was small with some of my good friends, and I stuffed my face with delicious food.  I aspired to acquire just a hand full of new cloth diapers to replace a few of my really ragged ones.  Instead, I got so many that I could probably replace all of my old ones!  I don't need to do that, of course, but I could.  You may think I'm crazy for cloth diapering, but it's not hard at all.  I used disposables until my daughter (my oldest) was 18 months old and the switch to cloth was effortless.  I couldn't believe I was such a puss about using them earlier.

This is my new favorite diaper that I just got.  My kid is going to look so bad ass in this!
The shower theme was hand-me-downs.  It's my 3rd kid.  I still have all the big stuff, and it feels really selfish to point that scanning gun at a bunch of high dollar items that all the same people got me 5 years ago.  
In the spirit of the hand-me-down theme, my freedom friend (that's what I'll start calling those who have yet to reproduce) Erica gave me a half empty bottle of bubble gum vodka.  THE bubble gum vodka that has remained half empty since this night...
I can hold a full beverage with my mouth AND take a picture!

Now, the situation with my turf.  As you know, we've had a small running group going in our little town since  February.  Recently the Frisco Running Club has been reaching out to our community and they set up a run for this Wednesday ON OUR SQUARE!  We really shouldn't be mad.  I mean, having someone to run with is great no matter who got them out there... but yeah, we're a little mad about it.  We've been out on the square every Saturday, whether it be hot or cold, rain or shine.  Also, the "FRC" (Frisco is a suburb of Dallas just south of our town) requires a $25 yearly membership fee.  Although, their facebook message about this weeks run talked about a raffle for free monthly dues.  I don't get it.  Anyway, you do get a shirt and 10% off at Luke's Locker, but still, I don't think I like them.  Jealousy?  Yes.  I also just don't like groups that you have to pay for.  Sure, I'm bitching to all of you.  What else is a blog for?!  But I don't think I've been catty about it.

This was the last thing to go on facebook.  What do you think?

Frisco Running Club · 286 like this
2 hours ago · 
  • National Running Day is Wednesday and the FRC will be in Celina to start a new social running group. Meet us at Celina Town Square this Wednesday at 630PM. Drawings for gift cards, social membership, shirts, hats, free monthly membership, and Fall marathon/half or 5K program. See you there.
    1 ·  · 

    I think they ignored me.

    -Hugh Jass

2 comments:

  1. I love that you posted!! And I am sure they read it.
    I wouldn't go to a group I had to pay for...
    I would be annoyed too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, yes they did totally ignore you. I suggest getting some tomatoes now, so they will rot nicely by Saturday's run time. Then you can throw them at anyone wearing the t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete