Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Contractual

The contract fell through on our house.  This is at least an eight on the level of bad news that we could receive right now.

We were planning on going to Austin this week for another round of rent house searching, but now we're not sure.  We thought we had step one covered, but now we're back down to the cold hard ground.

I'm not quite as bummed as perhaps I should be.  I've always been a firm believer that life will point you where you need to go and you will wind up exactly where you need to be.  There are very few events in my/our life that I have ever pre planned.  I hate it when people in interviews ask "Where do you see yourself in five years?",  I so badly want to respond "Who the f*%$ knows?!"  Oddly enough, it was five years ago that we were packing up, with only one child, to move to Charlotte!  So much happens in five years.

But I digress...

I'm keeping the faith that we will end up exactly where we need to be.  For now, Brad is doing his P90X, and I'm going for a run when the sun goes down.  We'll have clearer heads, some positive thinking endorphins, and we'll be better able to make good choices.

-Hugh Jass

2 comments:

  1. Yep, it all happens. Everything that happens certainly happened in due time. You'll get another contract. You'll find a decent rental house. Keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will find something! Don't give up!
    It's frustrating as hell I am sure though! Keep on running!

    ReplyDelete